iOn HEALING™ App is a HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant mobile application designed to improve customer support, assist in streamlining business processes, and facilitate more efficient and effective communication between Healthcare Professionals and their Acelity representatives.
The app is free for use by Healthcare Professionals in the U.S. and is available for download on the App Store for Apple devices and Google Play for Android devices.
The app’s primary features include:
- Connect: Connect directly with Acelity representatives to request product information or training.
- Consult: Consult directly with Acelity representatives to share wound information and discuss potential treatment options.
- Place Orders: Place an order for V.A.C.® Therapy or V.A.C.® Dressing orders and instantly transmit them to Acelity for processing.
- Manage Outcomes: Send your patient’s wound assessments to Acelity for reimbursement and claims processing.
- Product Navigator: Conveniently compare treatment options to identify the optimal path of care for your patient’s wound.
- Product Portfolio: Obtain information on the wide range of clinically proven wound therapies and dressings by Acelity.
- Video Tutorials: Learn about Acelity products, dressing application techniques, mechanisms of action, and much more.
Yes. HIPAA permits a covered entity, such as a healthcare provider, to disclose Protected Health Information (PHI) for its own treatment purposes or for the treatment purposes of another healthcare provider. The exchange of PHI among healthcare providers and Acelity representatives through the mobile application is directly related to the treatment of the patient and, therefore, is permitted under HIPAA.
Yes. iOn HEALING™ App keeps Protected Health Information (PHI) secure with best-in-class security features:
- Controlled user access
- Enforcement of complex passwords
- 256-bit encryption of data in motion
- Secure monitored servers
- No data storage on the mobile device
- Automatic timed log out
The app is designed to meet HIPAA security standards for protecting patient health information. This includes securing and limiting access to patient data, restricting the amount of patient data exchanged through the app, and encrypting all data during transmission.
Yes. In addition to maintaining compliance with leading healthcare security regulations, iOn HEALING™ App is officially certified by NowSecure™, a mobile app security testing company that assesses certification applicants through an exhaustive vulnerability audit. Our iOS and Android apps have been certified secure against malicious attacks and exposure of sensitive data. For more information, please go to the NowSecure™ certification page for iOn HEALING™ App.
Yes. The app requires an active Wi-Fi connection or access to a 3G or 4G LTE data connection. The internet connection enables encrypted data to be securely transmitted to and from secure servers.
You can reset your password by tapping Forgot Password on the Sign In screen.
Please contact your local Acelity Sales Representative or Customer Support at 1-800-275-4524. You can also get in touch with the iOn HEALING™ App support team using our web contact form.
Make your life easier, starting now.
Download and sign up for instant access.